Timken designed type TSR thrust spherical roller bearings to achieve a high thrust capacity with low friction and continuous roller alignment. This bearing type is ideal for operating conditions that experience heavy loads, difficulty in establishing or maintaining housing alignment, or shaft deflection.
Size range: 90 mm to 1000 mm
(4.3307 in. to 33.4646 in.)
- Spherically contoured rollers, arranged in a steep angular position, accommodate high thrust loads and support moderate radial loads.
- Bearing geometry and manufacturing technology result in low friction of bearing.
- Internal self-alignment of bearing elements during operation compensates for shaft deflections and housing distortions caused by shock or heavy loads.
- The TSR's inherent compensation for misalignment offers equipment designers the opportunity to use weldments for housing frames instead of complex castings, which reduces machining costs. When castings are preferred, bore alignment is less critical if spherical thrust bearings are specified.
- “E” styles utilize enhanced bearing geometry allowing for higher dynamic load ratings and improved lubrication characteristics.
- Blowout preventers
- Metal mill work/back-up rolls
- Pre-heater fans
- Screw conveyors
Thrust ball bearings provide optimum performance in high-speed applications, particularly where loads are generally lighter. Timken offers angular contact (types TVL and DTVL) thrust ball designs
Thrust spherical roller bearings (type TSR) are ideal for applications where conditions include heavy loads, difficulties in establishing or maintaining housing alignment and problems with shaft deflection.
Thrust cylindrical roller bearings are designed to operate under heavy loads at moderate speeds. Special design features are available for even higher rotational speeds. Types include standard (type TP) and aligning washer (type TPS).
Thrust tapered bearings include rollers that have conical sections. The bearing design ensures a true rolling motion for maximum bearing life and load-carrying capacity. Available in both standard (heavy duty, v-flat, screw down, oscillating and crossed roller) and custom designs.